Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
The mission of Christian Home Educators Co-op of Mt. Pleasant (CHEC) is to enrich the core academiccurricula of homeschool students in grades seven through twelve. In addition to that primary mission, CHEC also seeks to provide interesting classes and social opportunities for homeschool children kindergarten through sixth grade. Excellent nursery and preschool classes will be provided for families with children in the kindergarten through twelfth grade CHEC classes.
The content of CHEC classes will reflect a Christian worldview. All science classes will be taught from a creationist position. Evolution may be discussed in some classes. If so, it will be explained as a theory.
Our intent is that every class will have an atmosphere that is pleasing to God. The classes will open with prayer led by one of the students or teachers. All adults involved must be professing Christians because they will all be CHEC teachers. (If you are unsure whether you are a Christian, or if you are not a Christian but are interested in knowing more about Christianity, please contact a member of the leadership team.)
CHEC Participant Statement of Faith
Trusting in Christ as my Savior, I believe in:
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth;
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, God's only Son;
- Christ's death on the cross in my place, through which I receive forgiveness of sins;
- His resurrection from the dead in which I am assured the promise of eternal life;
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit of God in the work of spiritual rebirth and sanctification; and
- The Bible is the inerrant, inspired word of God.
A family will be invited to join Co-op after a conversation with the family’s pastor confirms that the family is in regular fellowship with other believers and the family lives a life consistent with Biblical Christianity.